We’ll help you choose the size of generator to handle your power needs, the right fuel source and the best installation location.
Generator installations can take 1-2 days. We’ll coordinate the site placement, electrical, and pipefitting work.
Here’s how it works:
- First, the electrician installs a transfer switch
- The generator unit is moved into position next to your house or building
- Electric lines are connected from the transfer switch to the generator
- After the electric is installed the pipefitter makes the fuel source connection to the generator
- Electricity and fuel are tested and then the generator is ready to run and provide backup power in the case of an outage.
Generator installation costs depend on the size of generator you choose, the fuel source (propane or natural gas), and if any work is involved with installing the fuel source. Standard installations can start at $2,000, but costs will vary depending on the application. An on-site survey and quote is necessary for an accurate estimate.