skip to Main Content

WNY Residential and Commercial Furnace Installation

Over time your heating system can lose efficiency or worse, stop working. When this happens it’s time to find an experienced contractor to help you install your new furnace.

A. G. Roehrig & Son has helped thousands of customers in Buffalo and Western New York upgrade, repair, and replace existing heating systems for residential and commercial applications

We can design and install a custom heating services for your home or building that will best meet your needs. In our over 80 years in business, there isn’t a problem that we haven’t already solved and we’re ready to do the same for you.

Why You Need a Load Calculation for your New Furnace

When purchasing a new heating system, it’s very important that a licensed dealer visit your home to perform a complete evaluation, or “load calculation.” By doing this, he will look at all the factors that affect the heat gain and loss of your home. The dealer will take into account the climate you live in, as well as the size, shape, and orientation of your home or office; it’s not enough to merely calculate square footage, although he will do that, too. What type of insulation and how much you have is important along with window size, type, quantity, and the directions they face. He might measure walls and floors; he’ll see what materials the house is made of. He’ll check seals, estimate air leakage, and locate existing vents and ductwork.

By combining these and other factors, the dealer will evaluate what size unit your home requires. However, if you are replacing an existing system, you can give your dealer a starting point. You can provide to him the model and serial numbers of your existing units, found on the rating plate.

The Most Common Problem is an Over or Under Sized Units

An over or under sized unit is one of the most common problems with any system; when a licensed dealer performs a load calculation, you will have a more efficient system and a more comfortable home. Call our fully licensed and trained technicians to give you an accurate quote that fits you budget and your home.

What Does the AFUE Furnace Efficiency Rating Mean?

Many furnaces still in use are more than 20 years old and should be replaced with new high-efficiency systems.

The Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE) is the most common measurement of a furnace’s efficiency. This is the measurement of the percentage of heat delivered to your house from each unit of fuel.

Standard systems might have an AFUE of 80%, which means the furnace converts 80% of the fuel it burns in to heat for your home while the other 20% is lost out of a chimney.

High-efficiency furnaces can be over 95% AFUE.

WNY Furnace Installation – Commercial & Residential Furnace Installation in Buffalo, NY

Back To Top